Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My First Review at Goodreads

Love DruggedLove Drugged by James Klise

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I found Klise's debut to be fascinating. Diving into the mind of a gay male teen was definitely a new adventure for me, but I felt like Jamie, the main character, and I were old friends. I also thought the premise was really something. We are so over-medicated in this country and the thought that there is a medication to cure everything, even homosexuality, was very poignant.



If we learn anything from Jamie's adventures it's that being true yourself is the greatest freedom.



View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. They've tried psychotherapy (and worse) and camp, why not medication? Interesting premise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, Theresa. I knew a few people who were sent to camps. It's awful what people will do to try and change someone. So chilling.

    ReplyDelete