Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Resolution Update...

Okay, so I didn't exactly follow my prescribed plan, and the New Year has only just started. I did get THE GREEN revised, at least one time around, and then decided to start sending it out to agents, just to see what responses it brings. I was so happy the other day to hear the morning show on 103.5 here in Chicago talking about some of the multi-cultural/racial aspects that are actually in the book. So I am hoping it will appeal to someone out there.

Last Saturday I sent a query to an agent at the Andrea Brown Literary Agency out in California. I really feel that THE GREEN is perfect for what this particular agent represents and is looking for. But so far, almost a week and no email begging to be my agent just yet. Of course this has turned me into an insane email stalker and I swear I check it no less than 20 times a day! This weekend I may try sending it out to another agent. I am trying to go slow, so I don't burn thorough my options too fast!

Also, I finished my application for DePaul University's MA in Writing and Publishing. I'm hoping to get a 'yes' letter from them sometime in the next month, as my first class would be in March, if everything works out. I was joking with my husband that I was so desperate for a 'yes' from somebody that I decided to go back to school just to get it! At least I know someone there will be reading my writing (I had to send a portfolio), so I know my writing has gotten me somewhere!

2 comments:

  1. The key is to keep making forward progress! It will happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The waiting is painful, isn't it? Luckily we're here to support each other when we go bananas! I know I'm nearly there some days. :)

    ReplyDelete