NaNoWriMo update

I see I have my first follower here!  Thanks follower! 

So this weekend is halfway through on National Novel Writing Month (www.nanowrimo.org) and I have made it to 17,221 words.  I am hoping to get to 20,000 today, after my unplanned trip to my favorite place on earth (that would be IKEA, to those who don't know me quite yet).  The characters are moving along very well and I am really pleased with how it's turning out so far.  I am really convinced that this might be the one. 

I was reading fellow blogger Hilary Wagner's post on only needing one YES from somebody in the industry (which she has gotten...upcoming book Nightshade City).   I agree with what she said, and many of my other friends and fellow writers have said.  I've been working for the last year to get that one YES, and so far I've probably racked up about 100 NOs.  For some reason (either I'm crazy or delusional), I just get more feisty and convinced that I will find the right person.  I've had my first YA novel, Into the Shadows, requested by agents and publishers, but in the end, it's always a NO.  Kind words on the picture book too, but still NO.  But my new YA, the Green, I think it's the real deal.  I am hoping that this will bring the love faster than Into the Shadows did.  So I keep moving forward.  I definitely haven't been discouraged, okay maybe for a day or something, but not for long.  It makes me want to work harder and faster and write better, because I know my chance will come.  And no one else is going to do it for me!

Comments

Popular Posts