Saturday, March 20, 2010

Watcha Reading?

I'm currently reading Grip of the Shadow Plague, the third book in the Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull. I'm really enjoying the series and I am trying to catch up. His 5th book for Fablehaven comes out March 23rd, so I'm a little behind! In the lineup after Grip of the Shadow Plague is The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud, which was loaned to me by a great student who insisted I would love it. Also waiting to be read is City of Bones by Cassandra Clare and the entire Vampire Diaries series by L.J. Smith. I single-handedly upped her royalties for the month of March by buying the whole series at once! Well, the third and fourth were on sale and I couldn't possibly buy those without also buying the first and second!

I'm still reading some non-fiction as well as research for my new book, a book on Marie Laveau, Voodoo Queen and one on the Pirates Lafitte.

I'd love to hear what you are reading! Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Right now, I'm moseying through Joe Hill's "Horns" and just finished Peter Straub's "A Dark Matter" (excellent). I'm a sucker for anything dark - and loving Stephen King's son's voice so much. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" Yes you read that right. And it is AWESOME... its already a NYT best seller....I don't want to say anything and ruin it in case you ever read it. But it is really, REALLY good

    ReplyDelete