Submission update...

Unfortunately, most writers have day jobs, and I suffer from the same affliction. Said day job hasn't given me much time in the last 2 weeks or so to get much done in the way of *work* on my current project THE GREEN, or write any blog posts. I did make some time on Sunday though to take advantage of the *stickers* given out at Prairie Writer's Day last month. These stickers are apparently like the Golden Tickets of Willy Wonka fame. According to my writer friends, putting one of these stickers on your envelope to an editor or agent gives you a leg up on the competition. So I'm giving it a shot. (I'm picturing all of the stickered envelopes lovingly placed in a golden IN box, awaiting the editor's perusal while the rest rot in the corner. Hey, it's a nice thought!)

I can't say that I'm more excited about my stickered submissions than I was about the previous ones, but I sent them out with all the good vibes and positive energy I could bestow on them before I tossed them in the mailbox. Someday I know I will get the good letter/good email/good phone call back, but I also know that most of them have not turned out that way. But it's cool. Despite all the 'no', I really like submitting my stuff. It really makes me feel like a 'real' writer. Someone is looking at my writing. They may not like it, but that's okay. They saw my name, they saw what I had to offer. If it's sitting on the shelf, it's not doing anybody any good.

So these were the two submissions:

Sol and Luna: A Tale of Day and Night to Charlesbridge
Into the Shadows to Walker Children's books (Bloomsbury)

So I'll keep you posted on those results. I believe Walker's info sheet mentioned it could take 8-10 months. So I'm guessing it'll be awhile! In the meantime, over winter break I plan to get some major work done on THE GREEN so my ladies can read it in January. Got to put the pedal to the metal and many other lame cliches! I'm hoping to put out those submissions in March or April...time to try for an agent again! Maybe third times the charm...

Comments

Popular Posts