Steph Su - YA Blog Must-Read

I recently stumbled across Steph Su's awesome blog and wanted to share it with my readers. I'm a little late on it, I suppose, as she's already got over 1,000 followers. But I can totally understand why. Steph is a college student and she also reviews YA books on her blog. For those of us aspiring to make our blogs into inviting and well organized sites, check hers out...it's beautiful!

In addition to her pretty blog, the content is mind-blowing. Having read more books than I can count, Steph has an better idea on what is needed in YA than most of us. She's compiled a list of things that she feels is missing in YA Contemporary novels. As I read, I could see exactly what she was talking about in my own writing. It also gave me some great ideas for future projects. If you write YA, especially contemporary, give her article a read; you will laugh when she describes the devices that you know are totally in your novel!

I can't believe Steph hasn't written anything herself yet, but I'm sure when she does, she'll find herself to be super-successful! She's got it all figured out!

What's Missing In YA Lit? The Contemporary Edition

Comments

  1. Thanks for the heads up on this blog. Looks like an interesting article, and a blog to follow for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. I can't believe you wrote something like this. I must be havinga late-night hallucination, or reading wrong, or something. Um, just...WOW! I can't thank you enough for all your kind words about me and my blog. I'm smiling big over here right now and kind of getting a floaty feeling inside. Rest assured that when I've finally finished my WIP and have revised it to the point where I'll feel comfortable sharing it, that I'll let you guys know!

    Thank you again! This post made my night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Steph, thanks so much for stopping by! I was so blown away by your post I just had to share. It was so spot-on. If you haven't realized it yet, you have quite a talent for spotting what is needed in YA lit...maybe a future editor? I'll be happy to say I blogged about you way back before you were famous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts