Karly...Where Are You???

Hey guys,

Sorry for the long hiatus. I noticed that my last post was in March. It's been 5 months. I'm sure you're wondering just what on earth I've been doing over here. Truth is, I've been doing lots of stuff and it hasn't all been related to writing. But a little bit has. Here's a summary of the last couple of months...

~ My health issues seem to be somewhat under control now. Working to keep them that way, although the shots on my feet are wearing off, so some future issues may rise up. Fingers crossed they don't.

~ In the spring, I took a British History course through the University of Oxford (in England...but online) and loved loved loved it! I also took a grad class in political science this summer. I got an A-. I consider that a slight success. I'm never completely satisfied unless it's an A. I'm working toward getting an endorsement/license for political science to add to my teacher's license. My second class, European Politics, starts on Monday. I'm super psyched for it. I love learning! Me = big time history/politics nerd. In addition to all my other nerd-doms...Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Star Trek, etc. etc.

~ I spent 10 days in Germany, attended a lovely wedding, and drove 120 mph in my rented Mercedes on the Autobahn. Yes. It was awesome.

~ My kid had a lot of swim lessons and dance lessons. We also spent time doing summer things, going to festivals and fairs, just playing outside with friends on the block, and enjoying the fine weather we got in Illinois this summer. Which was rare because it's always like a million degrees. This summer it averaged like 75-78 for the second half of summer. Score.

~ I read a lot of good books. I'm currently reading JK Rowling/Robert Galbraith's The Cuckoo's Calling. Loving it! I also got a new Kindle Paperwhite. Also = LOVE!

~ I did add some substantial words to New Blood. I'm going to evaluate what I'm going to do with it now. I'll either release it as a novella with what I've got going soon, or I'll work to finish it as a novel. Not sure. I'll see how it goes!

~ I took a challenge from Joe Konrath to create an ebook in 8 hours. I did it in 6, including creating my own cover. I managed to squeeze in a quick photo shoot on my kitchen table and used Picmonkey.com (thanks to Megg Jensen for the suggestion) and wrote an adult contemporary short story called "Negatives." It's available now! I'll post the links as soon as they all clear.

As for what's on the radar for the future, I'm taking the class this semester (that I mentioned) and I'm also going to throw out at least another short story or two before the year is out. I'll decide what to do with New Blood and then it's on to some new material. I'm not sure what I'm going to write next...I have an old YA MS I started a few years back set in New Orleans. I might dig that out. Or maybe I'll start something completely new, in a new genre. I'm interested to maybe take a crack at writing for adults, maybe sci-fi, or fantasy, or a mystery maybe? I've always loved mysteries, Agatha Christie is my favorite. So we'll see.

In any case, I hope you're all doing well and have been reading lots of great books!

XOXO
Karly

Comments

Popular Posts