Help me Blogsplash and FBsplash for Into the Shadows!!!

A few people have asked how I plan to get the word out there about Into the Shadows and its release date (Monday, November 1st, just in case you forgot!).

But instead of sending out bookmarks and cards and swag and all nature of tangible things (which are all wonderful, of course), I'm going to stick with my strength, the one thing I'm really good at.  And that's using Facebook and my blog!

I happened upon author Talli Roland's article where she explained this awesome idea that she is using promote her new release.  It's called a Blogsplash.  It's a funny thing with ebooks, if you sell even a small number of ebooks on a given day on Amazon, it'll help your ebook move up the bestseller list.  How awesome would it be if we could give Into the Shadows a boost on its first day out?  I SO want to get into the top 100 for children's ebooks on Amazon!  My hope is that some of you will participate in my little experiment and help me get the word out.  If you'd like to participate, in addition to a Blogsplash, I'm also going to do a Facebooksplash! 

Here's how it'll work:

Blogsplash:  If you're interested in the Blogsplash, you leave your email address below in the comments or email me at karlykirkpatrick@gmail.com.  The week before the book comes out, I'll send you an email with a pre-written blurb and a copy of the cover on jpeg.  You cut and paste and post to your blog the weekend of Halloween or November 1st.  That's it!


Facebooksplash:  I'm going to apply the same technique to Facebook.  If you'd like to participate in the  FBsplash, you can leave me a note here in the comments OR FBmessage me and I'll add you to the list.  The week before the book comes out, I'll send you a blurb to use as a status update and 'tag' you on the Into the Shadows cover photo, which you can then share with your friends, or, if you're up for it, use it as your profile picture for the day.  I would LOVE if you could do this on November 1st.

I promise to love you forever and ever AND I would love to include your name in the acknowledgments in the paper version!  Can I count on you? 

Comments

  1. I'll gladly help you out with some blogsplashing! Just e-mail me when the time comes at: rill.samantha@yahoo.com =]]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in!

    I borrowed the idea from Fiona Robyn, a UK author, so I'm happy to help any author blogsplashing too!

    talliroland@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll help out with some blogsplashing!

    redandyellowsocks at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts