My First Review at Goodreads

Love DruggedLove Drugged by James Klise

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I found Klise's debut to be fascinating. Diving into the mind of a gay male teen was definitely a new adventure for me, but I felt like Jamie, the main character, and I were old friends. I also thought the premise was really something. We are so over-medicated in this country and the thought that there is a medication to cure everything, even homosexuality, was very poignant.



If we learn anything from Jamie's adventures it's that being true yourself is the greatest freedom.



View all my reviews

Comments

  1. They've tried psychotherapy (and worse) and camp, why not medication? Interesting premise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, Theresa. I knew a few people who were sent to camps. It's awful what people will do to try and change someone. So chilling.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts