Save a Monkey, Get Free Books!

Right now I'm sure you're looking at the title of this post and wondering what on earth I'm talking about. But I'm totally serious. If you help my friend save Lolo the Monkey, I'll happily give you your choice of ebooks from my list.

Monica Szczupider, an old high school friend of mine, is a conservationist that mainly works with primates (that's monkey-types for those of you wondering). She recently had an adventure in Nicaragua where she rescued a monkey whose mother had been killed so he could be taken and sold. Upon taking him to the ONLY center for wildlife rescue for primates in the entire country of Nicaragua, she discovered that the severely underfunded location struggled to provide basic care for the large number of animals brought there. This center works hard to rehab animals and release them back into the wild.

As a result, she's taken it upon herself to raise money to help Lolo and his friends with updated enclosures and supplies that the rescue center so desperately needs.

If you'd like to read more about Lolo and Monica's experiences in an article she wrote for the Nicaragua Dispatch.

Here are some of her photos showing the conditions at the rescue center.

And here is the link to her Indiegogo site where you can donate to help the wildlife of Nicaragua, complete with video.


Currently they have raised over $3,200 and are hoping for a grand total of $11,000 in the next 30 days.
  If you take it upon yourself to donate $5 for this cause, I will let you pick an ebook from the ones I've written as a thank you for helping. If you donate $50, I'll give you every ebook I have written!

If you decide to donate, please email me at karlykirkpatrick@gmail.com and let me know. I can check the Indiegogo site where it lists Funders and double check that you did, and the ebook is yours. We may not be on the ground in these locations and able to help, but Monica is there, and donating money can help this organization give the animals the care they need.

And please, if anything, pass this story on! 

Thanks and happy donating!

XOXO
Karly

Comments

Popular Posts