Adventures in Epublishing: DarkSide Updates

We at DarkSide Publishing have a lot going on this month! And since this it is really the wider Adventures in Epublishing, I thought it fit to share how we're doing and what's coming for us in the next month.

As for Into the Shadows, I've had a great month so far. Sales are staying steady at about 2-3 a day, better on the weekends.  I was featured on Daily Cheap Reads last week, which helped me sell 10 copies in one day on Amazon, my second best showing there since my first day blitz where I sold 20 copies. I also hit a ranking for the first time on Amazon, although I don't anticipating that happening for awhile because Amazon's rankings are much harder to reach than those on Barnes & Noble due to the sheer volume of books on Amazon. Which makes this all the more sweet!


• Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #6,319 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
• #93 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Literature > Love & Romance 

I'm still making the bulk of my sales on Barnes & Noble and DarkSide author Megg Jensen has been doing really well there, hitting #13 on the PubIt Teen Fiction Charts. I was also on the same chart in the 40s, so we had 2 DarkSide authors on the chart. Megg's book Anathema also hit the top 100 of Teen Fiction for NOOKbooks, registering at #98 and was ahead of traditionally published authors like Maggie Stiefvater. Megg is just wrapping up her launch contest and will reveal just how many copies she has sold in the first month. It's very exciting because she's by far exceeding my successes, which is exactly what I hoped for.

In the next 4 weeks, we should hopefully have 2 more DarkSide releases ready. The Soulkeepers by G. P. Ching is just about ready for launch for next week, I believe. Angela Carlie's Dream Smashers will be up next, hitting the virtual shelves April 4th. It will be fascinating to watch their books and see what kind of success they will have.

With 4 titles available, it will be interesting to see if the brand really starts to spread. By July, we'll have a total of 8 books available. Then we can really see if it starts to take off. Will they be able to achieve the success that authors like Amanda Hocking have hit? Her success has been based on a few things...8 books/nice covers/low prices/luck. Will we have what it takes? We'll have the 8 great books/nice covers/low price...it's the luck we'll have to wait on.

In the meantime, we'll keep you posted on what works and what doesn't, and just how close we are to hitting the big time!

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your continued upward rise! And it's still early in all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I know. And I'm so impatient. I just wish the summer would hurry up and get here (for many many reasons!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the success, you guys! :)

    KK

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope everything works out for you ladies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts